PCL has become the newest member of the MICG, which aims to place the Midlands on a unique footing as a global centre for advanced technical ceramics.
A key element of the group’s work will be the delivery of improvements to manufacturing processes, making advanced ceramics more energy-efficient, faster and lower cost - boosting growth and productivity throughout the supply chain and benefiting customers across a wide range of industry sectors.
The aims of the MICG are to:
· Make the Midlands the go-to location for the global R&D and production of advanced ceramics
· Increase the competitiveness of the Midlands industrial base
· Enhance industrial ability to develop innovative ceramic technologies with speedy marketplace adoption
· Deliver a multi-sectoral approach with rapid translation of new technologies for the advantage of a whole range of industrial sectors
· Strengthen the UK advanced ceramics supply chain for the benefit of the Midlands advanced manufacturing sector.